Pregnancy can bring a lot of anxieties and complications, making a pregnant woman very cautious about her health. She is bound to take a lot of precautions for both her and her baby’s health. A healthy diet, regular exercise, vitamins, and regular visit to Reading baby scan clinic are only a few to name. But one thing you might not know is that prenatal massage therapy can be very helpful too.
Everyone likes to get a good massage now and then to remove the anxieties from life. It releases the stress from the body and soothes the aches in the muscles. When you are pregnant these stress and anxieties increase ten-fold. But some women think that massage during pregnancy can harm the baby, which is a huge misconception. Of course, if you are worried, you can take precautions but prenatal massage does help in a lot of ways.
Message therapy has several advantages. These are:
- Pregnant women usually go through a lot of pains and aches. Lower back pain, upper back pain, leg cramps, headaches, etc. They keep increasing as the child grows more and more. Prenatal massage therapy during this time can soothe these aches and pains and also release the tension knots. Due to the release of tension knots, in turn, it helps in regular blood circulation and keeps the blood pressure in check.
- It also helps in hormone regulations. Stress hormones like norepinephrine and cortisol get reduced with the help of massage. Instead, more and more dopamine is released which keeps us happy. This regulation in hormones also helps during the birth process.
- Edema, also known as the swelling of joints is a serious problem during pregnancy. The growing uterus reduces blood and fluids circulation resulting in the swelling. Message therapy regulates the fluid and blood circulation and the swelling goes down. The tissue waste gets removed with the help of massage.
- Towards the end of the pregnancy, the heavy weight of the uterus puts pressure to the muscles and nearby nerves. This leads to sciatic nerve pain which can be reduced by massage therapy.
- Message therapy also helps during the time of labour and prepares the mother for easy delivery.
- Sleep can be a hard thing to get during pregnancy, especially during the third trimester. With the help of prenatal massage therapy, you will be able to fall into a fitful and dreamless sleep.
But in the end, you should remember, as pregnancy is a very delicate time, you should always take precautions for anything you wish to do. Always hire a professional if you want to have a prenatal massage. You should also make sure that your doctor gives an ‘okay’ sign for the massage when you go to the baby scan clinic for your regular check-up. So, now that you know the benefits, do take advantage of prenatal massage therapy during pregnancy.
Author Bio: Hi, I am Kristy Barrett. I work full time-time in a well being-care facility and I enjoy blogging about parenting and mom-care in my free time.